Friday, July 6, 2007

Helpless

I was trying to sleep when he rushed in
He said there was a snake in our guest room

I didn’t believe him at first, thought it was one of his pranks
But no, there really was a snake

Our aunt and her two sons were in the room
I was worried. They were still inside but were calm

I could see them through the window
The snake was trying to escape from under the door

It was not trying to attack nevertheless we were panicking
And ready to attack it and kill!

It sensed our intention and quickly retreated inside
And hid behind the chest of draw

Instead of helping it get out safely
I handed him a stick which he asked for

He hit it and killed it, never to want it inside our house again
And I watched helplessly with a heavy heart

Wishing I had the courage to let the poor creature go without hurting it!

No comments: